'Schizo' Time to Change-Anti stigma campaign
Time to Change is an anti-stigma campaign run by the leading mental health charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness.
These two charities decided to work together, combining their knowledge, skills and expertise, in the biggest attempt yet in England to end the discrimination that surrounds mental health.
Scotland and New Zealand have led the way with similar campaigns, but this is the first time England has benefited from major, country-wide initiative.
What we hope to achieve
This is the first project in England that aims to change behaviour, rather than just attitudes.
Our aims for this phase are to:
- Improve public attitudes towards people with mental health problems by 5%
- Reduce discrimination by 5%
- Reduce the number of areas of life in which people experience discrimination
- Increase the confidence and ability of people with mental health problems to address discrimination
- Improve the social capital of people with mental health problems.
In our first phase, we have already seen a reduction in discrimination levels and some improvements to public attitudes.